HOW TO PREPARE
Currently or within the past 6 months have used Topical or Oral Prescription to treat Skin Conditions: It is your Responsibility to notify your waxing technician. Failure to do so can result in tearing of the skin.
Recently had a Chemical or Laser Peel: You should not wax at least one week before or after your service.
Using a Tanning Booth: Loss of Tan may result after waxing. Skin Discoloration may become evident. It is not advisable to tan after waxing due to sensitivity issues
Spray Tanning Recommendations:
Day Before Spray Tanning
- Discontinue use of oil-based products 24 hours prior to your session.
- Wax or Shave
- Exfoliate: The most important thing prior to Spray Tanning. Try our St. Tropez Body Polish for a great at home body exfoliation.
Day of Spray Tanning:
- Shower and exfoliate the skin. Make sure your skin is free of make-up, perfume, lotions, oils or any products that may act a barrier.
- Shave up to 6 hours before
- No Waxing
- Remove all jewelry and delay wearing it, until a few hours after you Spray Tan
- Plan on wearing loose, dark clothing following your airbrush session.
Post Spray Tanning:
- Please wait at least 9-12 hours or until the following morning before showering. Use a gentle body wash with hands, instead of a washcloth or loofa. Avoid Dove soap entirely. You may see some color wash off. Do not worry, this is totally normal. Pat dry with a towel, no rubbing.
- After showering, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Make sure your moisturizer is alcohol and oil free. Moisturize twice a day. Hydrated skin is essential in maintain a long lasting tan because it slows down the body’s natural skin exfoliation process. St. Tropez Moisturize will hydrate your body to maximize tanning properties.
- When washing your hands, try to utilize the hand sanitizer on your palms and avoid submersion in water. Submerging your hand under water while washing will increase the likelihood of color to wear away more quickly. It is best to avoid washing the back of your hands 9-12hours after the service.
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing and avoid thick, heavy socks. Please stay in loose clothing until after your first shower. The solutions wash off most fabrics but can rub off on clothes prior to your first shower. Do no wear wool, silk or nylon immediately after as the solution can stain those materials.
- Do not exercise after your appointments. Wait until the following day after your shower before perspiring.
- Anti-aging products such as Retinol, Glycolic and Salicylic acids will cause the tan to fade.
- Antibiotics and other medications such as Accutane may also affect the life of your tan.
- For best results, we recommend St. Tropez Tanning Mouse or Spray for touch-ups.